About us

The former farmhouse was built in 1789.  Several generations of the Schumacher family lived here from ±1886 until 1986.  It is one of the oldest houses in Bütgenbach.
We acquired this house in 1986.  At the end of 1991, we had the idea to turn it into a guesthouse with bed & breakfast.

The construction works got under way in June 1992.  There was, of course, no question of course of sacrificing any of the charm of this old house, so the outward appearance of the living area was kept intact, while an extension enhanced our dream.  Then, on 19 December of the same year, we were able to celebrate the inauguration of our Eifelland Guesthouse to our fullest satisfaction.  
On Mother’s Day 2007, we got the idea – this time in cooperation with both our children, Stefan and Isabelle – to enlarge the hotel.
The construction works on the new extension started one day after Mother’s Day 2008. The new breakfast room was ready in 2008, and 8 new rooms were added as of February 2009.